Shine is a unique retail store that focuses on products for cancer patients. Owned and operated by Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, the 2,000 square foot store has a holistic approach to cancer retailing. It attracts families within the Seattle Cancer Care House, client patients, visitors, staff and South Lake Union neighbors. Shine is intended to be a destination for those in the Puget Sound region who are receiving cancer care and targets consumers and offers services, to those who seek solutions to cancer related issues, as well as residents and workers of the South Lake Union neighborhood with everyday needs for unique and quality merchandise with a philanthropic benefit.
Many cancer patients asked for more services directed to their unique needs and Shine is SCCA’s response to that. Patients undergoing cancer treatment have special needs for services and products related to the effects of their treatment. They also appreciate a supportive and informed environment that meets a range of shopping needs in one convenient location. SCCA is in a unique position to provide services. This “retail meets resource” model, entirely under one roof, does not currently exist anywhere else in the Seattle area and it supports SCCA’s mission of patient and family care.
Scope of Services
- Project Management services include advising the SCCA, retail consultants and board through the development and construction process
- Owner representation
- Project feasibility analysis
- Selection of contractor and consultant team
- Cost estimating & value engineering
- Contract negotiation
- Design and construction management
- Budget and cost control
- Furniture, fixtures and equipment selection and coordination