Denali Square is the second phase of significant renovation of Holland America Princess (HAP) Alaska-Yukon’s McKinley Chalet resort near Denali National Park in Alaska. This campus atmosphere will serve thousands of vacationers on Alaskan getaways with HAP’s Land + Sea Journeys. Visitors will be able to relax at the resort between outdoor adventures and tours at Denali National Park.
This upgrade includes the 7,500 SF Karstens Public House restaurant, 125-seat amphitheater, retail village, indoor/outdoor multi-purpose space, and restrooms, relocating and refitting an existing theatre building as well as visitor amenities. The grounds will also be updated with new landscaping and walking paths, including a gateway connecting different areas of this expansive resort. The project opened to guests in May 2016.
Scope of Services
- Owner representation and project management
- Procurement of permits and approvals
- Selection of contractor and consultant team
- Cost estimating & value engineering
- Contract negotiation
- Design and construction management
- Budget and cost control
- Signage management
- Management of consultants under Owner